Infinity Technology Services Releases High Speed IDS
Infinity Technology Services has announced shipment of the INDESYS Network Intrusion Detection System. The company says the product is capable of full duplex capture at 100Mbps.
Components of the INDESYS package include:
- INDESYS sensors: hardware appliances designed to monitor network traffic. The 1u form-factor units are built around Pentium III 1.26Ghz processors with 512MB of RAM.
- the INDESYS Management Server, a Linux-based application that manages collected data from multiple sensors.
- The Operator Console, a Windows 2000-based application capable of monitoring multiple sensors.
Features listed by ITS include:
- Fast-Ethernet (wire speed) full duplex data capture at 100Mbps. Wire speed capture means that packets are captured at the network interface physical media speed. On Fast Ethernet, this translates to 100Mbps, without dropping or losing any packets.
- The sensor makes use of two (2) data capture interfaces,
allowing a few options as to the integration to the network being
monitored. The sensor supports:
- A single interface connected to a network switch configured to provide port mirroring
- Two interfaces connected to separate network switches configured to provide port mirroring
- Two interfaces connected to a load server balancing switch
- Two interfaces connected to a TAP (Test Access Port).
- Fragmented packets are re-assembled and scanned to ensure that no malicious activity is occurring on the network
INDESYS is offered in two different versions:
- INDESYS 100 provides a max throughput of up to 200 Mbps.
- Infinity plans to release INDESYS 1000 in early July. The company reports this model will provide a max throughput of up to 2 Gbps.
Additional information may be found at Infinity's web site.