Frame Relay Components - Page 3
Suppose that an organization has deployed the speed-dialing scheme illustrated for reference in Figure 15-6 and detailed in the following list:
- The CEO speed-dials 1 to talk with the COO.
- The CEO speed-dials 2 to talk with the VP of Marketing.
- The COO speed-dials 1 to talk with the VP of Marketing.
- The COO speed-dials 5 to talk with the CEO.
- The VP of Marketing speed-dials 7 to talk with the CEO.
- The VP of Marketing speed-dials 9 to talk with the COO.
Table 15-2 provides another view of the Telephone Speed-Dial Network.
Table 15-2: Telephone Speed-Dial Configuration Table
|Site A||Site B||A -> B Speed Dial||B -> A Speed Dial|
For the CEO to speak with the COO, the CEO will press speed-dial 1 on the telephone set. However, the COO will see speed-dial 5 on the telephone because that is the local speed-dial assignment given to the CEO, as the speed-dial 1 local assignment on the COOs telephone set is assigned to the VP of Marketing.
If the COO presses speed-dial 1, the VP of Marketing will answer the phone and speed-dial 9 will show on the Marketing VPs phone because that is the local assignment given to the COO.