Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations (AIOps) uses artificial intelligence (AI), specifically technologies like machine learning (ML), big data, and analytics, to simplify and enhance traditional information technology (IT) operations management and accelerate and automate the resolution of problems in complex, modern IT environments.
Most enterprises today are transitioning from traditional IT infrastructure to a more dynamic mix of on-premises, public cloud, private cloud, and managed cloud environments, running on software-defined or virtualized resources that reconfigure and scale continuously.
The amount of IT operations data generated by the average enterprise IT infrastructure is rising exponentially annually.
Traditional, domain-based IT operations management platforms cannot keep up with the volume of data being generated to provide real-time insights and predictive analyses, correlate data across independent environments and intelligently sort significant events out of the tsunami of available data. This is where AIOps platforms come into the frame.
AIOps platforms perform the following functions:
- Automatically send alerts to IT staff with regard to problems and their root causes and recommend solutions.
- Analyze data and extract meaningful events related to outages or slow-downs.
- Provide thorough visibility into dependencies and performance data across all IT environments.
- Continuously learn to improve future handling of problems.
Read on to better understand all you need to know about Cisco AppDynamics and Dynatrace.
Read more: AIOps Trends & Benefits
Cisco AppDynamics is built for a multicloud world and provides full IT infrastructure visibility and real-time performance monitoring to transform your business and applications.
- With real-time performance monitoring, you can detect issues across public, private or multicloud environments before they impact customers and improve performance.
- With end-to-end IT infrastructure visibility from a single pane of glass, you can plan accurately and migrate to the cloud with confidence.
- Drive business results and impact end users through enhanced application performance.
- The solution provides proactive and comprehensive end-to-end service visibility into the application experience.
- ML capabilities enable you to accelerate and automate root-cause diagnosis.
- With low-overhead monitoring agents, you can achieve full stack scalability.
- Granular, role-based access controls and a secure-by-design architecture guarantee robust security.
Pricing: You can sign up for a 15-day free trial today. Contact the Cisco sales team to learn about product pricing.
Dynatrace is a software intelligence platform that simplifies cloud complexity with cloud-native application security, AI, automation and observability — all in one platform. With Dynatrace, it is possible to automate your dynamic multicloud, align biz, dev, sec and ops teams and leverage a broad set of purpose-built use cases.
- Dynatrace provides broad multicloud and technology support, including Google Cloud, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, and OpenShift, to unify and harness even the most complex and dynamic multicloud environments.
- You can obtain a broader view of your IT infrastructure with traces, logs, metrics and a full topological model with behavioral and user experience data, entity relationships, code-level detail and distributed tracing — all in context.
- The AIOps platform supports in excess of 560 technologies, including AWS Elastic Load Balancer, Cassandra, AWS Fargate, Azure Functions, Node.js, SAP Hybris, StatsD, Prometheus, Java, Google Pub/Sub, Google Cloud Run, and F5.
- Weave Dyntrace’s open application programming interface (API) into your existing environment to drive automation in everything from cloud operations and business processes to development and releases.
- The platform provides five capabilities to obtain precise answers through causation-based, explainable AI with topology mapping and automatic discovery across billions of dependencies. These include OneAgent, PurePath, Smartscape, David, a powerful AI engine and monitoring at web-scale.
- You can enjoy a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) experience and delivery whether you store and process data in their cloud or on-premises.
Pricing: Full-stack monitoring for infrastructure, applications and microservices with AIOps included starts at $69 per month for 8GB per host, billed on an annual basis.
Cisco AppDynamics vs. Dynatrace
We compared and contrasted the AIOps platforms:
|Ease of Use||✔|
|Ease of Setup||✔|
|Ease of Administration||✔|
|Quality of Support||✔|
|Ease of Doing Business With||✔|
|Alerting and Reporting||✔|
|Root Cause Identification||✔|
|Overall Capability Score||✔|
Choosing AIOps Software
Both AIOps platforms are worthwhile solutions and offer a fascinating selection of features.
Cisco AppDynamics is designed for pre-production and production environments and provides infrastructure visibility, real-time business monitoring, end-user monitoring, and application performance management — all from a single pane of glass.
Dynatrace is an all-in-one software intelligence platform that provides infrastructure monitoring, application performance monitoring, application security, digital experience monitoring, business analytics and cloud automation
Is it up to you to determine which AIOps solution is a better fit for your organization.
Read next: Top AIOps Tools & Platforms