ATLANTA — Cbeyond, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBEY), a leading provider of IT and communications services to 55,000 small businesses across the country, today announced that it has acquired the assets of privately held MaximumASP and its affiliated companies, as well as the outstanding stock of privately held Aretta Communications. MaximumASP provides cloud services such as managed virtual servers and dedicated servers, and Aretta Communications provides cloud services such as cloud PBXs (private branch exchange) and SIP (Session Internet Protocol) trunking. Both companies target small- and medium-sized businesses throughout the U.S.
Cbeyond anticipates the following benefits to its business:
- Entry into a large, high growth cloud services market,
- Expansion of product portfolio into IT services highly relevant to small businesses,
- Broad geographic opportunity outside Cbeyond’s existing 14-city footprint,
- New web distribution and private label reseller channels,
- Significant cross-selling and up-selling opportunities with potential positive impact on the average revenue per customer location (ARPU) of Cbeyond’s current customers,
- Opportunity to sell Cbeyond’s existing cloud services via the acquired online platform in the future,
- Attractive customer economic model based on server virtualization,
- New efficient and scalable company-owned 33,000 square foot data center,
- And extensible platform to provide additional software and infrastructure-as-a service offerings.
Click the link below to read the full press release:
Cbeyond Acquires Cloud Services Companies