A managed service provider (MSP) is an outsourced third-party organization that assumes management and responsibility for a predetermined set of day-to-day IT services to its users. These services include application, network and security and cloud management. An MSP may provide its services in combination with the services of other IT providers.
Let’s explore why you may use a MSP, how to choose a provider, then look at a list of top providers:
- Why Use a Managed Service Provider?
- How to Choose a Managed Service Provider
- Rackspace Managed Services
- CDW Corporation
- HCL Technologies
- DXC Technology
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Comparison Chart: Managed Service Providers
As both the technology and business landscapes continue to rapidly evolve – with AI and data analytics playing increasing roles – it is easy for an enterprise to be faced with teams that are spread too thin. Additionally, cyber threats and threat actors evolve as cybersecurity is now a dominant focus for enterprises.
MSPs address these challenges by providing enterprises with the means to address skills gaps or an overwhelmed workforce. Enterprises save resources in time and fees that could be used to hire and train staff. And MSPs can focus on the areas where they provide the most value, improving productivity and efficiency.
Managed service providers can keep an eye on emerging as well as known threats to ensure enterprise IT departments are always up to date and their clients are always protected.
How to Choose a Managed Service Provider?
Before selecting an MSP, the following areas are worth considering:
Scope. As MSPs can provide a wide range of services, not all MSPs will meet your requirements. An MSP that is well-suited for you meets your unique requirements – or better yet, is willing to adapt.
Support. Understanding what kind of support you require is key. This begins with an assessment of your in-house support teams and what their limits are, then selecting an MSP that takes on tasks that in-house teams can’t handle.
Alignment. Choosing an MSP is not just about the technology as there are added benefits to partnering with a provider whose values, beliefs, best practices and goals are aligned with your own.
Innovation, scalability and flexibility. An MSP needs to be innovative to stay at the top of the ever-evolving technology and business landscapes and thus ensure that your business evolves too. An effective MSP also needs to change with the dynamic needs of your business, including when you scale.
Top Managed Service Providers
Accenture is a leading managed service provider that provides consulting services alongside clearly defined digital integration capabilities. Accenture offers systems for data integration, IoT framework development and AI integration among other emerging technologies. Its numerous services include business strategy, AI, metaverse, technology consulting and innovation, and automation. Accenture’s managed services for IoT and edge devices cater to the heterogeneous components of IoT and edge ecosystems. It also offers services in cloud transformation, engineering and security.
- Creates data-enabled operating models to adapt to users’ businesses and deliver value.
- Provides a powerful and expansive ecosystem to drive innovation.
- Serves global clients from a wide range of industries.
- Managed security capabilities like application security, cloud security, digital identity, security risk and detection and response.
Capgemini leverages technology to empower business transformation in organizations globally. Capgemini commands expertise in fields like data, AI, cloud, connectivity, digital engineering, and software and platforms to meet the needs of businesses in design, strategy, operations and more. It also helps organizations incorporate the public cloud in their hybrid cloud strategies through its enterprise-grade managed services.
- Capgemini’s Intelligent Industry provides 5G, edge computing, IoT and Industry 4.0 services in diverse sectors like healthcare and manufacturing.
- Perform AI offers organizations the ability to leverage the power of AI and data at scale to amplify their business outcomes.
- Capgemini’s digital services help organizations attain sustainable growth through services like GDPR readiness, data management and digital engineering and manufacturing services.
Deloitte is an industry-leading provider of consulting, tax, audit and assurance, and risk advisory services to thousands of companies. Deloitte helps enterprises deal with the rising complexity of today’s technology landscape, and improve application performance and business results through its application management specialists. The provider flexibly empowers enterprises to tailor their application management services to their business and IT goals. Deloitte offers services such as information management, enterprise resource planning and systems integration.
- Managed service advisory function to help clients choose the ideal managed service model.
- Can handle large enterprise clients in industries with challenging regulatory environments.
- Sophisticated managed security services, exemplified by its evolving partnership with Palo Alto Networks to provide integrated, end-to-end Zero Trust cybersecurity solutions to their mutual customers.
Cognizant partners with organizations to empower them to successfully transform their digital infrastructure and implement their cloud environments. The provider offers the Cloud Operate service, which is an end-to-end hybrid cloud offering that leverages artificial intelligence to serve cloud delivery models like platform-as-a-service, infrastructure-as-a-service, functions-as-a-service and containers, among others. Cognizant’s offerings include provisioning and orchestration, monitoring and notification, security, governance, application performance management and more across the cloud management spectrum.
- Cloud 360 Integrated Cloud Management Platform offers intelligent automation with a roadmap to no-ops.
- Cloud accelerators and assets to quicken enterprise cloud adoption journeys.
- AI/ML-based automation through Cognizant’s Analytics and Context-Driven Automated Service Operations.
Atos is not only a leader in secure and decarbonized digital but is also present in the cloud and digital workspaces. The provider offers highly-rated managed services alongside top-class computing power and quantum machine learning. Atos also has a keen focus on cloud services, cybersecurity, AI and places a substantial focus on Industry 4.0, cognitive computing and data analytics.
- Quantum machine learning to help its users prepare for and leverage quantum machine learning without physically having quantum machines.
- Atos OneCloud to empower users to operate hybrid and multi-technology application platforms.
- Managed security service covering industrial, IoT security, digital workplace and hybrid cloud security, trusted digital identities, data protection and governance, and advanced detection and response.
Rackspace offers enterprises professional managed services, in industries such as finance and healthcare, that ease and accelerate their digital transformation, with expertise traversing applications, clouds, security and data. Founded in 1998, Rackspace boasts of over 3,000 cloud engineers across Windows, Linux and VMware. Rackspace approaches the cloud using a technology-stack-centric view as opposed to a contrast between public and private cloud infrastructures. It offers a flexible strategy to workload placements across clouds.
- Rackspace Fabric provides a unified multi-cloud management platform that helps simplify the management of multiple public clouds.
- Rackspace Elastic Engineering allows customers to work with on-demand experts to provide cloud-first solutions like cloud migration, application and DevOps services.
- Cloud-native security involving 24/7/365 monitoring and response and comprehensive security visibility.
CDW combines technology, expertise, experience, industry-leading partnerships and end-to-end support to solve customers’ business challenges. CDW helps organizations manage their most complex applications and infrastructure through secure and holistic solutions. These solutions cover areas such as DevOps, cybersecurity, digital workspace solutions, digital transformation, and data center and network infrastructure among others.
- CDW focuses on migration, integration and management of cloud services. Their custom services include IaaS, backup-as-a-service, DRaaS, and managed hosting.
- Colocation center services including backup and disaster recovery, dense and powerful racks and scalable colocation services.
- Connectivity services such as managed networks, Low Latency Transport, custom fiber, and global WAN, SD-WAN and IP services.
HCL Technologies is a next-generation MSP that empowers enterprises to reconceptualize their businesses for the digital age. HCL Technologies offers enterprises three categories of an integrated portfolio of products and services; Engineering and R&D Services (ERS), IT and Business Services (ITBS), and Products and Platforms (P&P). These three categories are supported by HCL’s Mode 1-2-3 strategy, which is the center of HCL’s Digital Enterprise 4.0 focus as it aims to provide holistic services to ensure clients are not only covered today, but also future-ready.
- Digital Foundation is a modernized infrastructure stack created around hybrid cloud, digital cloud and software-defined networks.
- Digital Business combines HCL’s consulting and application services to facilitate digital transformation.
- Digital Operations facilitates modernization and optimizes the efficiency of enterprise operations.
- ERS provides engineering solutions and services across platform engineering and product development.
With a presence globally, IBM provides many managed services in the market today, including supporting other MSPs either directly or through an MSP model. IBM provides innovation and business transformation solutions through IBM Cloud, IBM Watson for its AI services, IBM Consulting, IBM Security, IT infrastructure and IBM Research among others.
- Quantum-as-a-service through the cloud to offer researchers, enterprises and developers quantum computing frameworks without them having to be quantum experts.
- Managed security services such as managed cybersecurity involving threat management, MDR, cloud security and managed network security, which includes Secure Access Service Edge, managed firewall services, and intrusion detection and prevention.
DXC Technology is an IT services company that leverages the power of technology to better the future of its whole ecosystem. DXC empowers global companies to not only run mission-critical systems but also modernize their IT infrastructure, optimize data architectures, and ensure scalability and security across cloud architectures. DXC offers services across analytics and engineering, applications, cloud, consulting, insurance BPaaS, and others.
- Cloud Right is DXC Technology’s distinguishing approach to cloud transformation services for accelerating business results from IT modernization.
- Uses a data-driven intelligent automation platform named DXC Platform X to expedite users’ journeys to self-healing IT across their infrastructure.
- Insurance business-process-as-a-service (BPaaS) provides a mix of people and processes to execute the full spectrum of insurance services.
Infosys stands as a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. The company provides managed IT services for operational support alongside strategic services to enterprises. Infosys uses an AI-powered core to enable enterprises to prioritize the execution of change. Infosys also offers agile digital at scale to improve performance and customer satisfaction. It has a scalable delivery framework that fosters innovation and helps enterprises mitigate risks and align with their ecosystems.
- Infosys has multiple innovation hubs that enable businesses to explore various digital technologies like AI and ML, IoT and more.
- Infosys delivers its digital operating models to help enterprises constantly reinvent their operating models through 5 offerings: Design+, Proximity+, Agile+, Automation+ and Learning+.
LTI (Logic Technology, Inc.) is a technology solutions provider whose global infrastructure and enterprise solutions help customers realize their business objectives while lowering costs. Its enterprise solutions offer an exhaustive set of services across the SDLC. These enterprise solutions are in the industrial internet of things, energy markets, asset performance management and product life management sectors.
- Software development services include business analysis, quality assurance, data modeling, DevOps, and cloud-first, Web, and client-server application development.
- End-to-end cloud services across customer engagement lifecycle with cloud competencies such as AWS, Predix, CloudStack, OpenStack and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Enterprise solutions in business analysis and testing and big data analytics.
TruAdvantage managed IT services are an in-depth collection of turnkey IT management and support solutions for small to mid-sized enterprises. TotalCARE is TruAdvantage’s managed IT suite that creates an enterprise-grade IT department in the areas of infrastructure, strategy and support. It uses automation tools and staff to offer fast-response help desk support, proactive IT management and strategic guidance.
- TruAdvantage’s TotalPROTECT solution offers backup, disaster recovery and business continuity by securing users from downtime and data loss.
- Managed cybersecurity through Secure360 to provide security levels of policy implementation, people training and advanced technology.
- TotalCONNECT provides VoIP services for small and mid-sized businesses without upfront investment.
Wipro is an IT, business process and consulting services company that harnesses the power of hyper-automation, cognitive computing, the cloud, analytics, robotics and emerging technologies to empower its customers to adapt to and succeed in the digital world. It provides services in data, analytics and AI, consulting, applications, infrastructure services, and digital operations and platforms.
- Wipro HOLMES, an AI and machine learning-powered platform, leverages cognitive services that use automation to accelerate business processes.
- AI-first framework for data monetization through robust processes, next-generation technologies and leading-edge capabilities.
- Blockchain innovation to drive transformation and shape blockchain ecosystems.
Tata Consultancy Services is a consulting-led, AI and ML-powered company with an integrated portfolio of technology, business and engineering services. TCS utilizes a mix of business intelligence and tech expertise to enact change and deliver optimized results. TCS offers managed services for cybersecurity, contact center and unified communications. The company empowers its clients with technical support (IT operations) to ensure the customer experience is improved and operations run more efficiently.
- Customer Intelligence and Insights (CI&I) software to provide advanced analytics and IoT integration in banking, communications, retail and more.
- Managed services include cloud security, security device management, cyber crisis management, intelligence and threat advisory.
- Unified communications managed services include help desk management, patching and upgrades, reporting and governance and SLA management and more.
Managed Service Providers
|Accenture||Consulting, IT operations cloud industry solutions, transformation, platforms, engineering, and security||Systems for data integration, IoT framework development and AI integration etc.|
|Capgemini||AI, digital engineering, digital innovation and transformation||Cloud strategy, workloads assessments and migration, cloud-native applications|
|Deloitte||Managed service advisory, digital, information management, enterprise resource planning, systems integration||Services handling complex compliance and regulatory environments|
|Cognizant||Cloud managed services||Consulting expertise and IT services|
|Atos||Cloud services, cybersecurity, AI, Industry 4.0, cognitive computing, data analytics, quantum ML||Consulting services and management of hybrid cloud and security|
|Rackspace||Professional managed services, BI, database management||Managed cloud services such as cloud connectivity, public cloud, private cloud, hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, etc.|
|CDW||DevOps, cybersecurity, digital workspace solutions, digital transformation, data center and network infrastructure, etc.||IT migration, integration and management|
|HCL||Digital transformation, cloud technologies, everything-as-a-service||Engineering and R&D Services (ERS), IT and Business Services (ITBS), and Products and Platforms (P&P)|
|IBM||Cloud, AI services, consulting, security, IT infrastructure and research||Industry-leading consulting, professional and IT services|
|DXC||Analytics, IoT, applications, cloud, consulting, blockchain||Managed services in analytics, engineering, applications, cloud, consulting, insurance BPaaS|
|Infosys||Digital services, consulting, AI||Innovation hubs enabling businesses to explore digital technologies|
|LTI||Managed software development and end-to-end cloud services, business analysis and testing||Enterprise solutions in IIoT, energy markets, asset performance management and product life management sectors|
|TruAdvantage||Managed cloud, security, VoIP, Backup and business continuity, mobility and IT strategy||Automation tools and staff to offer fast-response helpdesk support, proactive IT management and strategic guidance|
|Wipro||Data, analytics and AI, consulting, applications, infrastructure services, digital operations and platforms||HOLMES, an AI and ML-powered platform to accelerate business processes.|
|Tata||Consulting-led, AI and ML-powered company, integrated portfolio of technology, business and engineering services||Customer Intelligence and Insights (CI&I) software for advanced analytics and IoT integration in banking, communications, retail, etc.|