Remote monitoring and management (RMM) systems streamline troubleshooting, managing, updating, and controlling hardware and software tasks across a network. RMMs allow internal IT departments and managed service providers (MSPs) to optimize performance and ensure that software and credentials are up to date. The automation built into RMMs dramatically reduces the time required to onboard and update endpoints. The resultant efficiency gains mean fewer IT personnel can support more endpoints which ultimately leads to cost savings and greater productivity for organizations of all sizes.
RMMs are built to manage complex enterprise networks. A typical network includes thousands of multi-platform endpoints, dozens of software applications, servers, IoT devices, networking devices and the bandwidth that connects everything. An optimized RMM provides a single-pane-of-glass view of an entire network that displays network health and highlights problematic areas and endpoints. Issues that once required hands-on attention are easily automated, which frees up resources to address more complex support and security tasks. An RMM also allows enterprise network managers to ensure policy compliance and create a secure environment through managed antivirus and automated patching. Ultimately, RMMs transform support into a proactive function focused on demonstrable and consistent performance at both the global and most granular levels.
Core RMM functions include:
- Real-time monitoring and alerts provide an immediate view of endpoint and network health and spotlight trouble with devices, servers and software before a user notices, reports or escalates.
- Automation eliminates IT’s burden of performing routine updates, patches and configuration tasks. Preconfigured and user-built scripting provides full control of actions, timing and reporting.
- Patch management seamlessly deploys software updates through planned/automated pushes or ad hoc in response to a threat or vulnerability.
- Desktop and mobile device management provides a single-pane-of-glass view of all assets and allows stealth or visible remote access into any device for troubleshooting and maintenance without sharing credentials.
- RMMs generally will automatically detect and add endpoints so IT can remotely configure and assign credentials securely.
- Comprehensive reporting on endpoints, usage and issues document an RMM’s impact and demonstrate its value while built-in asset management functions provide a view of an organization’s software and hardware assets.
- ConnectWise Control and BrightGauge
- IT Glue
The software is sold on a subscription basis with graduated pricing starting at $3 per month per endpoint after a free trial period. On-boarding and training are free of charge and there are no maintenance fees or hidden costs. NinjaOne claims that users can expect a 6-month ROI compared to more than 12 months for other solutions. Benefits include:
- Rapid deployment
- Fast payback and ROI
- Graduated pricing
- US-based support and excellent documentation
- Intuitive UI
- Cloud native application
- Highly flexible with granular control at organizational, dynamic group or endpoint levels
- Custom branding for MSPs
NinjaOne functions seamlessly in an enterprise network context. The highly scalable cloud-native application easily handles tens of thousands of endpoints and provides best-in-class automation, monitoring, alerts, and documentation. Since the full feature set is browser accessible, NinjaOne is well-suited for Covid-driven remote and decentralized work environments.
The ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech) RMM is one component of a suite of products from ConnectWise that also includes business management, security management and expert services. The platform is sold as a comprehensive system, but since it is modular, each product can stand alone. Automate’s RMM features are also built into ConnectWise Command, which includes a fully staffed NOC and other complex enterprise-level features. While ConnectWise products are used by internal IT departments, the RMM is especially well-suited for MSPs.