Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations (AIOps) is the application of technologies like artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and natural language processing (NLP) to traditional IT operations (ITOps) tasks and activities.
Through observability, telemetry, and the algorithmic analysis of information technology (IT) data, AIOPs platforms help ITOps, development and operations (DevOps), and site reliability engineering (SRE) teams work quicker and more efficiently, so they can detect and remediate digital service issues before these issues impact business operations and customers.
Given the sheer quantity and immense complexity of data generated by modern IT environments, AIOps platforms are much-needed today, as they help avoid outages, maintain uptime, and ensure the provision of continuous service.
When it comes to IT management and data taming, AIOps lets organizations operate rapidly and helps them deliver an exceptional user experience.
In this article, you will learn about the AIOPs solutions that Moogsoft and Zenoss offer.
Also read: AIOps Platforms: Datadog vs. New Relic
The Moogsoft AIOps platform is a network management tool that offers intelligent observability—you can turn data into action. You won’t need to rely on someone else for provisioning, as you can get up and running in a matter of minutes.
- The solution ingests data from metric and event sources, removes duplicates of data, enriches the data to provide actionable insights, correlates the data to deduce logical connections, enables collaboration across teams, and provides advanced alerting and reporting capabilities.
- The solution reduces alert noise by automatically applying noise-reduction algorithms and statistical calculations to the alert data. Less noise aids in rapid issue detection and remediation.
- You can add external data to events from configuration management databases (CMDBs), asset management databases, and discovery systems.
- Moogsoft AI self-enriches data by parsing it for keywords or segments of information to populate other fields.
- Correlation helps you view patterns across applications and systems and identify potential incidents.
- Moogsoft algorithms help “spot the needle in the haystack” and make anomalies obvious to SREs (site reliability engineers) and DevOps practitioners.
- Build your own integrations, implement Moogsoft integrations, or integrate purchased collaboration or monitoring tools with ease. Popular Moogsoft integrations include Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cisco AppDynamics, and Slack. Collaboration across teams is the surest way to quickly resolve complex incidents.
Pricing: The solution’s Team model costs $833 per month and is billed annually. The Team model comes with a 14-day free trial. The Enterprise model is built for scale—contact the Moogsoft team for pricing information.
The Zenoss AIOps tool is a Generation 2 AIOps platform that combines the power of full-stack monitoring with analytics powered by ML. The solution provides complete network visibility and processes all data types, such as streaming data, logs, events, dependency data, and metrics to deliver a high level of analytics capabilities.
- The service-dependency model eliminates the guesswork of pattern matching and provides critical context.
- Even when novel IT incidents cannot be pattern matched to past occurrences, knowledge of dependencies aids in the identification of root cause.
- Mean time to resolution (MTTR) is reduced by eliminating noise with ML, retrospective analytics, visualization, and dashboards.
- The solution provides full visibility into IT service dependencies and relationships through real-time modeling.
- Full-stack monitoring enhances insufficient event and log data used for correlation with rich IT system and service metrics.
- Advanced analytics help ITOps teams make proactive decisions and deliver streamlined performance.
- You can leverage predictive analytics to identify problems before they culminate in service degradation or downtime.
- You can integrate with Generation 1 AIOps vendors like Splunk, Moogsoft, and BigPanda.
Pricing: Contact the sales team to schedule a demo or request a quote. You can also contact a Zenoss representative if you have any questions pertaining to your IT environment or their IT management solution.
Choosing an AIOps Platform: Moogsoft vs. Zenoss
The Moogsoft AIOps platform is a complete observability platform that offers a host of stellar features, such as noise reduction, enrichment, correlation, anomaly detection, custom integration, collaboration, and self-service.
The Zenoss AIOps tool delivers full-stack monitoring combined with AIOps. This aids in unprecedented context and acceleration of issue resolution. The solution offers reliable, actionable insights; zero blind spots; and streamlined enterprise IT performance.
Carefully gauge the features that Moogsoft and Zenoss offer and opt for the AIOps solution that benefits your organization most. Having said that, we strongly recommend Moogsoft’s AIOPs platform.
Read next: Top AIOps Tools & Platforms of 2021