A virtual private network (VPN) is an Internet security service that helps enterprises with distributed offices to securely connect over the Internet.
A VPN helps extend a Local Area Network (LAN) to branch and remote locations via the Internet using encryption so that employees in branch/remote locations can access company resources securely and efficiently. When we send packets of data over the Internet, they largely travel in an unencrypted form.
This makes it relatively easy for hackers to access data and misuse it. An enterprise VPN establishes an encrypted tunnel between connected locations, thereby enabling secure access to corporate data and resources.
Given the increasing number of devices being connected to enterprise networks and possibly insecure Wi-Fi systems facilitating their connection, it is important to secure sensitive resources like the internal customer and sales data, local file storage and cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications.
The advantages of an enterprise VPN software include:
- Data encryption and security.
- Scalability: thousands of employees can access corporate resources simultaneously through a VPN.
- A VPN can be extended to any employee that has access to the Internet.
- Cost effective.
- A VPN helps centralize information technology (IT) resources and promotes centralized management of critical IT resources.
- Business continuity.
Here is all you should know about Perimeter 81 Enterprise and AccessAnywhere.
Perimeter 81 Enterprise Overview
The solution can be set up in a matter of minutes, ensures zero trust, policy-based access to every resource and that your network has high availability and reliability at all times with over 40 data centers globally, enables you to gain complete network visibility from a single, central point (dashboard) of management and is cost-effective.
Perimeter 81 Enterprise Features
- The Perimeter 81 Enterprise package offers enterprise-ready security features to manage and customize your enterprise network.
- Some standout features (when compared to other packages) include unlimited web-based secure application access, unlimited Network Traffic Control (NTC), a Gateway performance of 1,000 Mbps/Gateway, unlimited Device Posture Check, unlimited User Configuration Profiles and 24/7 chat, phone and email support.
- The cloud-based, always-on VPN provides flexible security based on users.
- You can encrypt traffic with numerous VPN protocols, including WireGuard, OpenVPN and IPSec. By deploying multiple VPN protocols simultaneously for different users and resources, you can cover all security gaps when corporate resources are spread across a variety of cloud environments.
- You can minimize the attack surface with zero trust resource access by device, role and more. The solution leverages identity providers to log in and ensure each user has access to only relevant resources.
- You can obtain visibility and control over all services and local servers or applications from major cloud service providers. This ensures network omniscience.
- With easily deployed global VPN gateways, you can reduce latency and accelerate access for remote employees.
- The solution is integrated with major security information and event management (SIEM) providers like Amazon S3 and Azure Sentinel for proven compliance and in-depth auditing.
- Perimeter 81 Enterprise is an all-in-one tool that manages access policy, traffic monitoring, data encryption and secure deployment, thereby reducing operational overhead and giving IT much-needed visibility and power to ensure security.
Pricing: Reach out to the Perimeter 81 team to figure out how much Perimeter 81 Enterprise will cost you. The solution is available for a minimum of 50 users.
AccessAnywhere is a VPN service that is designed specifically for the needs of small- and mid-sized organizations. The VPN service comes with remote-server, remote-user and hotspot connectivity options which can be deployed in a hybrid, on-premises or hosted architecture.
You need not worry about the complexity of purchasing, installing, and configuring VPN software and equipment or hiring staff, as AccessAnywhere provides your organization with a dedicated AccessAnywhere Remote Access VPN Platform for free that is managed and maintained around the clock by them for a monthly subscription fee.
- AccessAnywhere installs a purpose-built, specially configured Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN appliance on your organization’s network (it can be hosted as well) for high-performance protection of confidential company data assets and direct point-to-point connections.
- The service provider offers personal secure identity tokens for each user. They are essentially plastic tokens that generate one-time passwords (OTPs) to grant access to company resources at the time of login. Users must enter their unique personal identification number (PIN) as well.
- All data is encrypted using industry-standard SSL encryption.
- You can make use of unlimited bandwidth usage for no additional cost.
- Personalized access profiles enable access management at a granular level and great security.
- AccessAnywhere manages, monitors, and supports its unique security architecture that includes company-unique granular security policies, personal security tokens and an AccessAnywhere Gateway for end-to-end security protection.
- Request a price quotation to determine the amount of money the solution will cost you.
Comparing Perimeter 81 and AccessAnywhere
Perimeter 81 Enterprise is an industry-leading SASE solution that provides a plethora of features, including agile access policies, complete traffic encryption, Firewall as a Service (FWaaS), zero trust network and application access, and a software-defined perimeter. The solution is easy to deploy, secure, scalable, centrally manageable and is relatively cost-effective while delivering a high level of security and networking in one cloud edge.
AccessAnywhere is a VPN service, designed to meet the needs of small- and medium-sized businesses. The service provider offers a dedicated SSL VPN appliance for direct point-to-point connections, secure identity tokens, personalized access profiles and monitoring and maintenance, all for a monthly subscription fee.
Stringently review each of the features of the discussed enterprise VPN solutions and opt for one that best suits your business needs.
Read next: Best Business & Enterprise VPNs of 2021