In today’s fast-paced world, it is imperative that organizations meet the growing needs of consumers. Consumers demand more from software and hardware resources and expect competitive pricing and efficiency. Information technology (IT) teams have their work cut out and need to find efficient ways to manage ever-increasing infrastructure and processes.
Robotic process automation (RPA) tools help IT teams automate routine and complex, mission-critical processes within software applications. As the name suggests, these tools make use of bots to automate processes. RPA software enables you to build, position, and oversee a workforce of bots.
With the help of a codeless, drag-and-drop mechanism, IT personnel can easily craft workflows. The benefits of RPA tools include:
- You can station bots to perform routine processes without human intervention. This saves on time, energy, and money and enables employees to work on more important tasks.
- A virtual workforce of bots is like any other team in your organization, only quicker and more efficient. You can easily manage, construct, duplicate, tailor, schedule, and share bots.
- Actions performed by an employee within an application can be captured and translated into workflows.
The key features and pricing of Blue Prism and UiPath will be explored in this guide. We will also compare the RPA software on a head-to-head basis.
Table of Contents
What is Blue Prism?
Blue Prism Intelligent Automation RPA Platform is a codeless, artificial intelligence-equipped (AI) RPA platform that provides business value by combining RPA with AI and cognitive capabilities to automate the functioning of your organization.
- Design Studio enables you to employ a simple drag-and-drop procedure to construct automation workflows. Automation building objects can be reused.
- The virtual workforce of bots is equipped with the service provider’s six intelligent skills that enable you to realize the true potential of AI—knowledge and insight, visual perception, learning, planning and sequencing, problem solving, and collaboration.
- Control Room helps you assign processes to bots in a secure, streamlined manner. You can also scale and manage the digital workforce in real time.
- Dashboards provide complete visibility and deliver an enriched user experience.
- The RPA tool provides access to the health of the digital workforce in real time.
- Blue Prism Intelligent Automation RPA Platform is available for software as a service (SaaS) deployments and on-premises, public, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
Pricing: Reap the benefits of a 30-day free trial today.
What is UiPath?
UiPath Automation Cloud is an RPA tool that offers a speedy, simple path to assemble a fully automated organization. You can start immediately and scale limitlessly with an ever-increasing range of UiPath cloud services. The software is available in two variants—a free and an enterprise-level version.
- The enterprise package comes with Attended Robots; Unattended Robots; Studio or StudioX; Tenants including Orchestrator, full Document Understanding, and AI Computer Vision; Action Center; Applications and Data Service; 24/7 customer support; multiple tenant regions; and a plethora of additional services.
- The free version of UiPath Automation Cloud offers the same features but with limited capabilities and no additional services.
- As the name suggests, Attended Robots require supervision. That said, you can launch a UiPath Assistant to monitor them. Unattended Robots do not require supervision and can handle complex processes. With the help of Orchestrator, the heart of automation management, you can oversee Unattended Robots.
- If you need to purchase robot runtimes or a renewal, you can reach out to the UiPath sales team with the click of a button.
- The RPA tool provides instant access to new functionalities—they are accessible from within your cloud account.
- Insights, an additional service, provides cogent embedded analytics that helps you to align, report, and measure operations with planned business outcomes.
Pricing: UiPath Automation Cloud for Community is a free RPA tool that is ideal for small teams. UiPath Automation Cloud for Enterprise is an enterprise-class, RPA software—you can try the software free of cost for 60 days, albeit with limited features.
Blue Prism vs. UiPath: What are the Differences?
The Blue Prism and UiPath differences have been summarized in the form of a table:
|Ability to Understand Requirements||✔|
|Ease of Use||✔||✔|
|Ease of Deployment||✔||✔|
|Quality of End-User Training||✔|
|Availability of Third-party Resources||✔||✔|
|Ease of Integration Using Standard Tools and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)||✔||✔|
|Service and Support||✔||✔|
Choosing RPA Tools
Robotic process automation is an essential component in the toolkit of IT teams today. Given how enterprises are scaling their infrastructural needs by the day, it is advised to purchase a robust RPA tool at the earliest. Blue Prism and UiPath are among the best RPA software on the market.
To better understand the robotic process automation tools, visit their websites and conduct a thorough examination of their features and pricing. We recommend reviewing customer opinions as well. Once you have pinpointed the solution that perfectly matches your necessities, make a purchase decision.